experiment timer, or safe mid-experiment stop?

Alison T Miller Singley alisontmsingley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:17:05 UTC 2012

I'd like to modify an experiment to last only 10 minutes total, so
regardless of how many trials a subject completes, the experiment stops at
10 minutes.

I can think of two options, but I don't know how to operationalize either
of them:  :)
1 - have the test administrator watch time and manually stop the experiment
at 10 minutes
Issue: by aborting the experiment (with ctrl+alt+shift), the .edat file is
not created. Is there a way to safely stop an experiment and preserve the
data? Or a way to write the .edat file continuously?

2 - set an experiment-level timer to end after 10 minutes
Issue: I don't know how to do this. :) Does anyone know of a feature or
code I could use as an example?

Thanks!