Reaction time problem

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:39:39 UTC 2012

Why do you use two separate systems? (Hope I understand your setup)

E-Prime should be able to collect the start/stop responses as well. But if
that is not an option, I would use EPrime on both computers and synchronize
them both with the trigger pulse of the scanner. However, you must be very
careful when syncing two separate devices if you only use a single sync
event at the start of the experiment. This will only work reliable when
both internal clocks run exactly at the same speed. A possible workaround
for this is to record repeating trigger pulses of the scanner (i.e. a
trigger at each EPI onset) and correct for differences offline. Another,
method would be to use a digital link between both computers and let the
experiment script send event markers at specific times. The receiving
computer should record those events along with the start/stop responses.

best
paul