RT on "moving" scales

Soizic Argaud argaud.soizic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:12:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

In a part of my experiment, participants have to evaluate stimuli on
different continuous scales from 0 to 100 % each. To allow them to see
their answers (they move the cursor of each scale from 0 to 100 % directly
clicking where they want on the scale), I use a loop which "send" them in
the beginning of the slide where the scales are at every mouse click until
they are satisfied with their responses. When they are, they just have to
click on a "OK, next" button to see the next stimuli and continue the
experiment...

I wonder what mean the RT and RTTime exactly ? Is RT the real time
participants take to answer the question, I mean the time from the
apparition of the slide with scales to the click on the "OK, next" button
(regardless of the number of clicks and, therefore, the number of times
that the slide with scales is "loaded" again) ?

Thank you so much if you can help me on that point,
Best,

Soizic