RT on "moving" scales

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 6 14:17:49 UTC 2013

Soizic,

In general, the RT logged for a stimulus object corresponds to the
time from the onset of the stimulus until the final or "terminating"
response to that stimulus, while RTTime corresponds to the time from
the start of the experiment session until the final or "terminating"
response to that stimulus.

But in your specific case, you have some intervening inline code
controlling the processing of subject responses, and in that case RT
means whatever you programmed it to mean.  You just have to look at
your custom program code and figure it out.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----