Timing issue - movie / sound

Soizic Argaud argaud.soizic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:50:48 UTC 2013

Hello everybody,

For my experiment, I present on the screen (full screen) short movies
without sound. Because I film the participants during the experiment and
work on the video files obtained (I am obviously interested on the moment
when they see the movies), I add a sound on the same slide where short
movies are and record this sound on the video files.

I wonder if there is a kind of time gap between the "presentations" of the
sounds and those of the movies in E-Prime ?

In the same time, I record electrophysiological signals from the
participants. I use E-Prime to send triggers on this recordings allowing me
to target the apparition of the short movie and I also record the sound on
an other channel (in this way, I can consider the sound like "sound
trigger" which should correspond to the E-Prime trigger).

I see on this biological recording that there is a difference of nearly 50
ms between the E-Prime trigger and the "sound" one whereas the E-Prime
trigger should correspond to the apparition of the slide where there are
both the short movie and the sound.

Is it possible to have a better timing in this configuration ?

I hope I am clear enough...
Thank you so much if you can bring me an answer about that,

Best,
Soizic