Biopac not receiving E-Prime signal for second part of n-back task

Ashley Sanders afsander12 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 17:08:02 UTC 2013

Hi all,

 I am having trouble getting a stimulus delivery/response signal to show up
on Biopac for the second part of our n-back experiment. The first task,
zero back, asks the subject to press a certain key when a neutral face is
presented (non-target) and another key when a scared face is presented
(target). The inline script is as follows and works perfectly in connection
with Biopac:

Const OutPort As Integer = &hD800
'Const BioPacTrigger As Integer = &h01

WritePort OutPort, 0

TaskStimZERO.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
TaskStimZERO.OnsetSignalPort = OutPort
TaskStimZERO.OnsetSignalData = c.GetAttrib("BioStim")

TaskStimZERO.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
TaskStimZERO.OffsetSignalPort = OutPort
TaskStimZERO.OffsetSignalData = 0

Next, the one back section asks the subject to only press the target
assigned key after *two* scared faces have been presented in a row. This is
where Biopac is not collecting a signal. The inline script is as follows:

Const OutPort As Integer = &hD800
'Const BioPacTrigger As Integer = &h01

WritePort OutPort, 0

TaskStimONE.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
TaskStimONE.OnsetSignalPort = OutPort
TaskStimONE.OnsetSignalData = c.GetAttrib("BioStim")

TaskStimONE.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
TaskStimONE.OffsetSignalPort = OutPort
TaskStimONE.OffsetSignalData = 0

I have tried numerous ways to get this to work but have failed. If anyone
has any advice, please let me know. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ashley