Biopac not receiving E-Prime signal for second part of n-back task

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 18:43:41 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley,

seems pretty straightforward inline script. Just a few trivial checks:

Just declare the constant *OutPort* just once in the global use script
section. If this is done properly, you can remove the corresponding lines
from the two inline scripts.

Did you verify the values of "BioStim"? These should be numbers ranging
from 1 to 255. Also, the duration of TaskStimOne should be at least as long
as the sampling interval used by BioPac. You could verify this by enabling
logging of OnsetTime and OffsetTime of TaskStimOne for example. Another
method is to add a few Debug.Print statements:

Debug.Print "BioStim value: " & CInt(c.GetAttrib("BioStim"))
Debug.Print "TaskStimONE.Duration: " & TaskStimONE.Duration

And is TaskStimONE really the object that is used during the one back
phase?

If these checks don't help, you could test if the IO port is still
accessible by adding this below the WritePort statement:

WritePort OutPort, 0
Sleep 1000
WritePort OutPort, 255

This should always give a high pulse of one second on all digital lines.

best
paul