Jumping/Gating

sgannis at macalester.edu sgannis at macalester.edu
Wed Aug 14 19:46:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

Our research team is new to E-Prime, and we have run into a problem. Our
experimental paradigms require what E-Prime seems to call jumping (i.e.,
leading the participant to encounter different stimuli depending on his/her
response to initial stimuli). Prior to our travails with E-Prime, we knew
this process as "gating." After reading up on Jumping on this forum and in
various manuals. it seems that this procedure requires the use of a Label
(and/or Jump Label) and some manipulation of the "End Action" component of
a stimuli's properties. However, neither our Principal Investigator nor
anyone else in the lab can determine how to make this happen. I am
beginning to think it might be easiest with some InLine code writing, but I
could be incorrect because none of us really know what we're doing.  If
anyone can explain how this works, it would be much appreciated.

Scott G