Fragmented pictures with multiple inputs

Alexandre Nobre alpnobre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 23:25:50 UTC 2013

Hi, David, thank you for the reply. I'm sorry for not being clear about
what I meant. I do have the fragmented pictures, actually. My main problem
is how to repeat the response slide in a single trial until the participant
identifies the picture correctly (which he does verbally - the key press
for repeating the same picture, but in a less fragmented form, or for
jumping to the next picture (trial) is done by the experimenter). I need to
have the slide change the image it uses every time the participant emits a
wrong response, until they get it right or the last fragmented form has
been displayed.

I've been able to insert several slides and masks in the trial procedure,
so that, if the participant emits a wrong response, the trial continues on
to the next slide, which presents the same picture in a less fragmented
form. If they identify the picture correctly, then he trial ends using a
label. The problem with this is that, because this task is done
simultaneously with a dichotic listening task, the number of attributes
specified in the trial list is becoming enormous (one sound for each slide,
as well as one image). I imagine that this can be done with a Inline in a
less sloppy way, but I'm not sure how to do this. I checked out the
"criterion based exit" sample you recommended, but, from what I've
understood, in the sample the trials are simply repeated, but not modified
as the experiment goes on, so I've been unable to transfer it to my
experiment.