Simultaneous EDA and fMRI collection from E-Prime experiment

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 09:06:03 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

We have a similar setup at our MR-site, including the Biopac STP100C
interface. However, instead of a laptop we use a regular PC (minitower),
which has an expansion card with a parallel printer port (startech.com).
Our scanner has a digital TTL trigger output, which is connected to one of
the 8 inputs on the STP100C. The other 7 inputs are connected to the the
lower bits of the output pins of the printer port. (Using custom hardware
to connect it all together.) However, if you don't need to record the
scanner trigger with biopac, you can simplify things by just connecting the
eprime computer with the STP100C using the supplied cable.

I know there are printer port cards for laptops, but I'm not sure if those
are compatible with EPrime. You might have to use the new ParallelPort
device in EPrime 2.0 to send event markers to those cards. Direct IO (using
writeport etc.) to the IO registers might not be possible.

Paul