Repeat Trial

Erin Spurgeon erin.spurgeon at gallaudet.edu
Fri Dec 20 20:54:24 UTC 2013

Hi Paul-

I realize this is an old thread, but I am struggling with a similar problem
as Cherise.

I have two nested lists within a lexical decision experiment:  Practice (4
trials) and actual task (25 trials).  Both practice and task trials use the
same procedure, just different stimuli.

The participants are young children, so I would like the participant to be
able to repeat the practice trial list two more times, if necessary.

I attempted to replicate the same strategy that you used in the file
(RepeatUntilOk.es), but cannot seem to repeat the cycle of practice trials.
 The practice list has 4 trials using lexical decision procedure, then I
added fifth trial, 'CompCheck' that is a text slide logging either a '1' or
'2' key response to repeat the trail list ('2'), or continue to the task
trials ('1'). Following the text slide in this procedure is a inline code
essentially identical to that in your example (sans the name of the Slide
and List).

I have set the 'Exit list' properties of the practice list to exit after 3
cycles.  I am not sure what the problem is, but I am not able to repeat the
practice trial list.  I am not sure if this problem is due to two separate
procedures embedded in the same parent list (Lexical Decision and
CompCheck)?  I have tried to use the JumpLabel approach using two separate
input masks, but it gets tricky given we are using a Tobii Eye tracking
extension that requires a 'start tracking' and 'end tracking' package calls
within the procedure line (that, is I cannot simply jump back to the slide
that displays the two lexical items).

I am sure this is a relatively simple question, but I am new to E-prime and
would appreciate any suggestions you (or any other group members could
offer).

Thanks,
Erin