Repeat Trial

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 23:02:12 UTC 2013

Hi Erin,

I think your design is slightly different than the RepeatUntilOk.es
example, but there are similarities. Adding the CompCheck procedure should
not be a problem. Just to make sure that all properties are set correctly,
you could try to set the weight of the CompCheck trial to zero. This will
essentially skip the continue-test, and if all is OK, the practice list
should repeat 3 cycles. Then you set the weight back to 1 and double check
the inline script that terminates the practice list if button "1"is pressed
in the CheckComp procedure. The inline should look like this:

If AskContinue.ACC=1 Then
PracticeList.Terminate
End If

The next thing to do is to set the 'correct' response property of the Text
object (AskContinue in this example) to "1". Doing so will automatically
set the response accuracy (ACC) to "1" if button 1 is pressed. A slightly
different approach is to check the response itself:

If AskContinue.Resp=1 Then
PracticeList.Terminate
End If

That would give exactly the same behavior and there is no need to set the
'Correct' response property.

Best
Paul