EPrime and iViewX interface

alp115 asmahanif85 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 22:44:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to run a sample EPrime program from iViewX SDK. EPrime and
iViewX are installed on the same system. I have two questions:
1) The first time I tried to interface the two systems, I was able to
connect and present the EPrime experiment on the eyetracker (which is NNL
VisualSystem) but the cursor disappeared from the iViewX system. So I was
unable to view the eye image.
2) Later, the connection to eyetracker was disconnected and I was unable to
start the experiment. I also noticed that SMI's experiment presentation
tool (Experiment Center) also got disabled and the IP address changed
itself. In iViewX SDK manual it is mentioned that-"Since E-Prime does not
allow other programs to display visualizations, no images may be created by
the SDK when used in conjunction with E-Prime". Does that mean EPrime
cannot be run on the same system as SMI?

Please help!