response unit for E-prime 2.0 Professional with ERP hardware

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Feb 4 17:00:24 UTC 2013

Margot,

What Paul said-- in particular, the SRBox does not send "random"
bytes.  It does have a jumper inside to switch between transmission
rates of 9600 or 19.2K baud.  It has other jumpers to switch between
character rates of 800 or 1600 cps -- 800 cps means 1.25 ms between
data, 1600 cps means a mere 0.625 ms between data.  This is all
explained in the manual that should accompany the SRBox.

It really is a neat little device once you understand it.  The
easiest way to see this is by using any terminal emulator (note that
you must transit a byte to the SRBox with bit 7 set high in order to
enable data transmission from the SRBox; sending a byte with bit 7
set low will stop data transmission -- this is *not* documented!).

-- David McFarlane