Quotation marks in stimulus .txt file

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 12 20:06:15 UTC 2013

Justine,

I am having a bit of trouble following this.  Do you mean that
- you have text in an Excel file
- the text in the Excel file does not contain any quotation marks
- you convert the Excel file to a .txt file (how do you do that?)
- the resulting .txt file now has quotation marks around some (all?)
of the text
- you use the .txt file as input to an EP List (using Load Method "File")
- and now (some? all?) the text stimuli are enclosed in quotation marks?

Please clarify.

BTW, if you use EP2.0.10.x or later, a List can load from an Excel
file directly, no need to convert it to .txt first.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----