Listening span in E-prime (any help would be very valuable to me)

Alexa_s alesab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:27:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am also a novice in E-prime...so I am in big need of any advice,
clarification, input. What I want to do is to make a Listening span task in
E-prime with the main purpose of collecting response time from the moment
the audio input is played till the subject has responded. Also I would like
to collect true/false answers.

As you probably all of you know, a listening span task has this structure:
1) a spoken sentence appears like  "oranges are made of iron" (then the
participant would have to indicate by pressing the key that means true or
the one that means false)
2) has to memorize the word "iron" and say it at the end of the trial
There are trials with 1 sentence till 6 sentences long where subject has to
decide if it's right or false and at the end of the sentences presentation
to recall the last word from each sentence.

* I have the following concerns:*
*(Q1)* How can I measure in each trial the reaction time from the moment
the subject is asked to recall till the moment he finished saying the
remembered words?
 should I ask him to press a key before and after he finished recalling?

*(Q2*) How can I insert two types of slideStates, one referring to which
key the subject should press for True/false answer and one with asking him
to recall the words? and keep them in the right order of appearence?

I know the questions might seem super simple but I'm quite stuck in these
parts and I have a very soon deadline to finish the tasks:(. If anyone can
clarify at least one concern by explaining more or sending me to the right
source, anything, I would appreciate it greatly....