pci parallel_serial port in windows 7 vs xp

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 17 20:52:47 UTC 2013

Stuart,

Hmm -- I just wanted to make sure that you were not trying to use EP1
drivers with Win7, that will not work.  But if you installed EP2,
then you have the updated PST Port & SRBox drivers, so much for that.

I also assume that in your EP program you match the SRBox port number
to that of your installed serial port (just to be sure -- what COM
port # does Windows report for your serial port, and what port # does
your EP program specify?  For that matter, exactly what error message
do you get?).  So I do not have much more to offer you, let's hope
that PST Support takes it the rest of the way.  FWIW, I use the SRBox
using an add-on PCI (or PCI-X) serial port card under Windows Vista
(32 bit) and EP2.0.8.22 Pro.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training