Collecting physio while utilizing suspend/resume function - any advice appreciated!

Lindsey M. lindsey.m.matt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:21:28 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am an E*Prime novice, so please let me know if my question is in any way
unclear.

I am currently utilizing E*Prime to start and stop physio collection
through the use of a chassis and Mindware.  I would like to also have
E*Prime trigger a secondary program (Cyberball) while still collecting the
physio data.  My issue is two-fold:  One, I am using the Suspend/Resume
example available on the E*Prime website, but am only able to get E*Prime
to minimize and open a folder containing Cyberball, which requires it to be
manually clicked on from there.  Additionally, once Cyberball runs,
entering the ID number causes the program to close and for E*Prime to
resume.  Has anyone has similar issues, or can suggest what is the
suspend/resume script might be causing this?

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, is it possible for E*Prime to
remain 'active' and signalling for physio data collection to continue while
using the suspend/resume script, or will the suspend function cause E*Prime
to disrupt physio data collection while the program is minimized?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

LIndsey