Display continuous USB data from a force transducer

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Jan 22 17:07:43 UTC 2013

Bree,

First of all, this looks like a fine example of a task particularly
ill-suited to E-Prime.  You might well find a better platform for
this task.  And since you say you use a National Instruments box, you
might start by looking at their LabVIEW software.

But if you must proceed with EP, then I would ask, doesn't the
National Instrumtents box come with a library of functions in a .dll
file?  If so, then you merely have to make those functions available
to EP through the appropriate Declare statements, and that should all
be documented by National Instruments.  As you should have figured
out by now, EP does not provide any native support for USB
communication (and if we understood more about USB, then we might
understand why not).

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there and on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter feed yet,
though).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----