Display continuous USB data from a force transducer

bree b.studenka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 22:24:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to input data from two force transducers into E-prime
so that it will display on the screen in real time.  The task is a pursuit
tracking task where a subject is using a finger force to trace a line that
goes up and down as it progresses across the screen.  I'd like to be able
to display the force as a cursor or a line across the screen in real time.
 The force transducers are input through a National Instruments box into
the USB port on my laptop.  I've tried adding a port, and I've tried adding
a joystick to the devices, but I can't figure out how to tell E-Prime what
to do with the USB input.  There should be 12 inputs, the xyz magnitudes of
each force, and the xyz torques of each force.  I'd only need to plot one
of them, the z magnitude, but I'm not sure how to tell E-prime that.  Which
device should I use, and if I need to do some visual basic coding which
functions should I start with?

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
Bree