Randomize Treatment Blocks within Subjects

Dane dane.desutter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:06:26 UTC 2013

In the experiment we're building we have the following elements:

Block A
- list of stimuli for block A that must be selected randomly
Block B
- list of stimuli for B to be cycled through randomly
Block C
- list of stimuli for C to be cycled through randomly

What we are trying to achieve:
- Each block corresponds to a treatment. - Each block needs to randomly show all of the stimuli in the corresponding list BEFORE advancing to the next block.
- The order of treatment blocks needs to be randomly ordered for each participant (e.g., Suzie gets ABC and Eric gets CAB)

I am happy to give any more detail about how we have constructed the experiment. Currently we have figured out how to randomize the stimuli in the list. We cannot get e-prime to randomize the order of the treatment blocks A-C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!