Seeking help regarding Eprime experiment structure

Taewon Chung tchung215 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:23:10 UTC 2013

Hello everyone, I am posting this in hopes of receiving some tips, help in
putting together an experiment using the E-Prime software. I am not very
experienced with the software, and would greatly appreciate any and all
help.

The experiment is a basic picture judgment task, with a picture in the
middle of the screen, with 9 ‘slideimage’s underneath at the bottom of the
page. The 9 ‘slideimage’s each indicate a certain level of emotions. The
emotional levels increase going rightward (e.g., sad face at the very left,
neutral face at middle, happy face at very right), and the participants
make a decision based on their respective emotional responses to the
picture with a mouse. For every single picture, the participant makes
emotional level judgments for 3 different types of emotions. Essentially, 3
(random) picture stimulus is given, and another 3 responses are given for
the stimuli. I was wondering also if there is a way to add in two aspects:
One being a [previous] and [next] button on the top left and right sides of
the screen, for easy navigation for the participant, and the next being a
way to show which response the participant selects (a shadow/highlight
around the chosen slide image, etc.)

I have already looked up the 'VisualAnalogScale.es<https://psychologysoftwaretools.zendesk.com/attachments/token/m0q4zkz1ydfeesq/?name=VisualAnalogScale.es>'
file, but this task utilizes Slide-Texts rather than Slide-Images, and am
not sure how to make the change, since it doesn't seem that a simple
Object-name-change works.

Once again, I appreciate any and all help regarding this experiment.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Please refer to the attached jpeg image file for a sample of the layout.
thank you very much!!