Seeking help regarding Eprime experiment structure

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:57:29 UTC 2013

Highlighting can done quite easily using a small piece of inline script.
The trick is to get a reference to the selected object, change some
properties (i.e. borderwidth and color) and redraw. A similar topic was
discussed not long ago:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/e-prime/keTwpjv5rgY

Going backward is less trivial. One way to do this is to put the judgement
list in the procedure of a new (parent) List object. This parent list
object should run 'forever' (using a high cycle number). Then you have to
add a piece of inline script at the beginning of the new (parent) procedure
to pick a specific trial of the judgement list. (Probably using a global
variable to keep track of the 'active' trial). The judgement list should
only run one sample. At the end of the parent procedure you should add a
small piece of inline script to terminate the parent list once the active
trial number exceeds the number of judgement trials. Within the judgement
list you should have some inline to increment and decrement the global
index according to the selected button.

I remember that the SRBoxUtilities example (
http://www.pstnet.com/downloads/srbox/SRBoxUtilities.zip) contains a
similar technique for picking a specific item from a list. However, that
specific example makes use of goto-labels instead of a parent list, which
is not the most elegant way to go. Also see the attached example script,
which can be used to see how the parent-list mechanism works.

Sound difficult, but should be do-able if you have some programming
experience.

Best,
Paul