If...then rule embedded in an If...then rule. Is this possible?

NH fry1179 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:28:54 UTC 2013

I am currently designing a task whereby there are eight conditions.
Firstly, a cue from one of the conditions is presented, then the
participant must respond to a target. There are two main types of cues (but
then multiple subtypes thus the eight conditions). What I have done so far
is design the task so that the two types of feedback (based on target hit
or target miss) are held in the "Unreferenced E-Objects" and an InLine
object within the TrialProc refers to these (as in the "AwardPoints" script
on the PST website). This works well.

Now what I am trying to do is state within the feedback that if the trial
is of one type, to give a high reward, and if of the other type, give a low
reward but CRITICALLY only if the participant hit the target. So, what I
have so far is "If the trial is high, then provide a high reward IF
Target.ACC = 1 (i.e. a hit) else give the participant nothing; hence the
if...then rule embedded within the if...then rule.

This total score also accumulates. The participant is shown the win for
that trial and the total amount so far accrued.

So far, this does not work with feedback in each trial being given as 0
(both trial and total feedback).