Is it possible to randomize the location of grouped stimuli

Sam Hemsteger samhmstgr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:36:52 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

My lab has an experiment that flashes different colored stimuli on the
screen (up to 8 colors)  - in 8 spatial locations.
In some trials there will be multiple stimuli of the same color ( e.g. 3
red squares, with 5 other different colored squares).
In one condition the stimuli will be randomly placed on the screen (in a
circle),

HOWEVER in the other condition we want all the same colored stimlui to be
presented right next to each other.
For example, all 3 red squares need to be presented next to each other (but
randomly generated placement) and the other colors randomly placed
elsewhere.

Is there some kind of structural way to do this in E-Prime that I'm not
thinking of or would it take hard-line coding to make happen?  Can anyone
please help walk me through this?

Thanks,
Sam