Image distortion: contiguous black regions of .bmp images mysteriously filled with white

Laine Stranahan laine.stranahan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 19:11:37 UTC 2013

Resolved! SourceColorKey was the problem: it was set to black (thus the
black-to-white conversion (or rather black-to-transparent; I now understand
SourceColorKey is for indicating a color (or color range?) to be rendered
(partially?) transparent)), and for the offending images UseSourceColorKey
was set to "Yes" instead of "No". (Non-offenders' had UseSourceColorKey set
to "No".)

Many thanks!
Laine