Creating a drop-down menu with options for subjects' responses?

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 16:14:39 UTC 2013

Yuliya,

Linking another application (like excel) wouldn't be a very reliable
method, I'm afraid (not even sure if that would be possible).

You could implement such an interface in eprime by using a series of bitmap
images that mimic a fancy GUI on subject responses. When a lot of different
images are required (because of dynamic content for example) you could also
use inline script to generate the screen contents. However, EPrime only
offers basic drawing support, so that might suboptimal. I sometimes combine
elementary graphics (drawn by inline script) with a fancy bitmap as
background image. If you would like to implement mouse-clicks (instead of
keyboard presses), you definitively have to deal with inline scripting.
(You could have a look at the following example script:
http://pfcgroot.nl/e-prime/84-full-scripts/74-tower-of-hanoi.html)

On the other hand: if timing is not extremely critical, you could also use
a more GUI-oriented programming environment (such as Visual Basic, or
something similar).

Best
Paul