displaying response count at end of block

kelsey.leigh.carlson at gmail.com kelsey.leigh.carlson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 13:47:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,
 In my experiment there is a condition where the subject can choice between
two responses (either "n" or "b" key presses). I want to keep track of how
many times the participant selects each key (n or b) and present a total
for each key type at the end of each block. I've inserted my code here
showing how I am counting response selection. As you can see I am setting
two separate attributes: c.SetAttrib "total_b" and c.SetAttrib "total_n".
I've tried to reference these attributes later in a Text Object, but E
prime says, "no such attribute".

' choice_selection
If ((c.GetAttrib("Cue") = "E") And (currentresponse = ("n"))) Then
count_n = count_n +1
Else If ((c.GetAttrib("Cue") = "E") And (currentresponse = ("b"))) Then
count_b = count_b +1
End If
End If

If ((c.GetAttrib("Cue") = "E") And (currentresponse = ("n"))) Then
c.SetAttrib "total_n", count_n
Else If ((c.GetAttrib("Cue") = "E") And (currentresponse = ("b"))) Then
c.SetAttrib "total_b", count_b
End If
End If

If there is anything I can clarify please let me know. Thanks for your time
and answers.
Best,
Kelsey