Delay in offset

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 17:45:41 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I have encountered a weird delay in offset for slides and text displays.

When I have such an object in the end of a procedure and there is only
inlines computing some variables, there is a delay of about 1 sec or so. I
used pretty much standard settings, duration -1, terminate and keyboard
({ANY}) as input.
Whenever I pressed a key to end the slide/text display, it took an
additional time until it terminated. I have not used PreRelease.

So I wanted to measure how much time exactly the delay takes. I inserted
another object at the very end of the procedure so that I can compute
SecondObject.OnsetTime - FirstObject.OnsetTime. Now what happened was that
there was NO delay anymore and the first object immediately set off
whenever I pressed a key.

This doesn't seem to be such a big problem since I can use a very
time-limited second object (10 ms) tat wouldn't really disturb anything.
Still it is quite a bit annyoing and I have encountered this problem before.

Let me know if you had similar trouble and/or know a solution.

Best,
Tobias