RerunErrorsUntilAllCorrect

ananke lucadesimone84 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 18:05:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a viual search experiment where subjects have to perform a go-nogo
task, pressing the button "p" when they see a target stimulus and withheld
a response when the dont see the target. I need that all trilas where
accuracy is zero are re-runned at the end of the experiment.
I adapted my experiment following the sample "RerunErrorsUntilAllCorrect"
on the PST website.
The logic of this sample on the PST website is to rerun the listof trials
(TrialList) when ACC>0. Whenever there is an error it modifies an attribute
called "Correct" and then set the weight of the TrialList as the value of
the "Correct" attribute. In this way when ACC>0 the procedure jumps back to
the list where it should find the same list with the weights changed in a
way that trials with errors have a weight of 1 and trials without errors
have a weight of 0.

What I have achieved till now is that when ACC>0 the TrialList is rerunned
(and its what I want) but it does it for all the trials.
I am sure that the problem comes from this command c.SetAttribAtSource
"Correct", 1.
Since in my experiment I have a nested list, the command
c.SetAttribAtSource "Correct", 1 is not going to modify "Correct" in the
TrialList but is trying to do so at the source, namely in the single nested
list that derive from the TrialList.
Then, at the end of the experiment it does rerun the TrialList for the
sample reason that the number of errors is > 0 and then the rerunned list
has the same trial weights as the original one, so it reruns all the trials.

My question: is there a command that instead of c.SetAttribAtSource
"Correct", 1 could tell eprime to set "Correct", 1 directly in the
TrialList?

thank you for any further suggestion

p.s.: I upload an exemple of how the experiment look like here