Change the slide sound with respect to the response of the subject

Valerio Biscione valerio.biscione at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 12:08:25 UTC 2013

Hi, I am a good programmer in visual basic, but I am totally new to e-prime
so I'm having some difficulties in writing a simple experiment. What I want
to do is a slide with a sound object and this sound object con play 2
different file. File 1 is played when the subject made a correct response
on the PREVIOUS slide, File 2 is played if the response was wrong.

I tried a lot of different ways: I created an attribute for the sound-file
directory, so when the subject give a response I change the attribute of
the NEXT slide. But it seems to me that when the software finish the slide
and it read the attribute on the next slide, it will found the attribute
value empty (like I didn't change it).
I tried to save the result on a variable and to change the sound-file
directory in the NEXT slide, without using any attribute. I used this
method:

'Set theAudio =
CSlideSoundOut(Slide2.States(Slide2.ActiveState).Objects("SoundOut1"))

'Dim theBuffer As SoundBuffer
'Set theBuffer= theAudio.Buffers(1)
'theBuffer.Filename="C:\\Users\\vbiscione\\Documents\\My
Experiments\\SoundRewardP.wav"
'theAudio.loadProperties

But it doesn't work at all.
I don't know what to do.. do you have any help? Thank you!