Dual indicator VAS with mirror movement

Graeme Davidson graeme.r.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:06:31 UTC 2013

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem.

I'm trying to design a visual analogue scale with two indicators which have
reflective movement on the same scale line. So essentially a participant
would see an image and then be asked to rate the weight of the image. I
have no problems doing this on a single indicator VAS but my research
supervisor would like it so that there are two indicators, and when you
move one the other indicator moves in a mirrored movement. The best I could
describe it as is a vice movement so when one indicator move out from the
centre of the scale the other indicator moves out from the centre too.

Does anyone know how I'd go about designing such a scale?

I'd appreciate any help, on how to program this movement.

all the best

Graeme