"setup inline object"

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Nov 14 18:46:31 UTC 2013

Look in your My Experiments folder for a file named
"E-BasicExample.es" (or .es2).  Open that in E-Studio, and you will
see the Setup inline in the structure just under SessionProc.

Note that the code examples throughout the E-Basic Help are meant to
be used with this example program.  Note also that many of the code
examples in the E-Basic Help are flawed -- some of them contain rank
syntax mistakes that result in compile-time errors, and even when the
code works, they are often examples of poor programming
practices.  Best to take the examples as mere starting guidelines,
use them to grasp the underlying principles, and then build anew from
that understanding.

Good luck.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----