Design that loops a visual discrimination task while waiting for keyboard input?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Nov 21 19:28:56 UTC 2013

Do I understand correctly that your sticking
point is only how to keep some constant text on
the display throughout a series of stimuli &

1) The rookie way:  Add the constant text to all
of the stimulus displays -- either add the full
literal text into each display, or put the text
into an attribute and then use the same atribute
reference in each display.  You would most easily
do this using Slides for your display objects.

2) My preferred way:  With judicious use of Frame
Size and Position, and BackStyle Transparent, you
may add the constant text to a place on the
screen that just never gets covered up by subsequent stimuli.

Good luck.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2)
PST's trained staff take any and all questions at
https://support.pstnet.com , and they strive to
respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make
full use of it.  3) In addition, PST offers
several instructional videos on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET
).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff,
please extend the courtesy of posting their reply
back here for the sake of others.
\----