Help displaying clock while participants perform 1-back task

Gabriela Cruz cruz.gabriela at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:50:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would appreciate very much if someone can give me a hand with this. I
have a 1-back task running and I want to display a clock on the screen
every time participants press a key.

I checked the example "CountDownClock" but the issue in my case is that I
want the clock to run from the beginning to the end of the experiment
independently of stimuli presented for the 1-back task.

I guess it would have to be something like having a SlideText using half of
the screen with a clock that starts running with the first stimulus of my
1-back experiment. This clock would only be visible if participants press a
key, as I want to register every time they check the clock, the SlideText
containing the clock has to accept multiple responses over the duration of
the whole experiment (~30min). In the other half of the screen I'd have my
1-back task running, displaying stimulus every 2 seconds.

Have anyone ever done something like this?

Please any tip/suggestion or script sample will be more than welcome!

All the best!

Gaby