assign a preloaded soundbuffer to the soundbuffer of a SoundOut object?

Emiliano Díez emidvf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:36:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I need to assign a soundbuffer that has been preloaded into memory to the
soundbuffer of a SoundOut object in a procedure. Can this be done???

The point is that my procedure needs to play a video playing and at the
same time to present several sounds (sentences in this case) and record
reaction times to these sounds. If I use mybuffer.load while the video is
playing a small pause of the video can be seen. So my solution was to make
an array of soundbuffers and play them with inline code. But in this way I
lost the possibility to record the key responses in the way I need (need to
know if the keypress, that starts with the onset of each sound, has been
ocurred before or after the sound ends). I have found a way to do this, but
need to have a  soundobject and a wait object. So the question: is it
possible to assign a preloaded soundbuffer to the sound buffer of a
soundobject?

Thanks all