assign a preloaded soundbuffer to the soundbuffer of a SoundOut object?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Oct 1 13:32:16 UTC 2013

I do not have an answer to your question as
posed, but I would like to pose the
following.  What version of E-Prime do you
use?  If you use EP2.0.10.x or later, try setting
GeneratePreRun on your Procedure to
TopOfProcedure, then use a separate SoundOut
object for each of your sounds during the
movie.  With TopOfProcedure, all the
SoundBuffer.Load operations will take place at
the beginning of the Procedure, not during your
movie playback, and perhaps that would solve your
problem.  It would also eliminate the need for messy inline code.

And if you do not use EP2.0.10.x, well, maybe this is your reason to upgrade.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2)
PST's trained staff take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp
, and they strive to respond to all requests in
24-48 hours, so make full use of it.  3) In
addition, PST offers several instructional videos
on their YouTube channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you
do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----