Removing within-subject & within-session outliers in EdataAid

tudor tudor3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 20:27:26 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a merged .emrg2 (EdataAid) file containing reaction time data from
several subjects, across several sessions done by each. I would like to
eliminate RT outliers within each subject individually, and if possible
also within session rather than across all sessions of a single subject.

By 'outlier' I would mean RTs that are more than 2.5 standard deviations
away from the mean, although if that's hard to do, it would also be fine to
just eliminate all RTs greater than a certain fixed value (e.g. 3,000 ms).

I have not found a way to do this with the Analyze window, and because I
have many such merged files, I would prefer to not have to do this 'the
hard way', i.e. by exporting all the data to Excel and doing the
outlier-removal and the averaging (which is otherwise done easily in
Analyze) over there.

Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!