E-Prime Stability

Cognitology mspape at cognitology.eu
Thu Oct 10 13:20:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

Given that E-Prime 2 is now pretty much a final release, I was wondering how
many of you feel it remains *particularly* instable? I mean, E-Studio (2,
pro), latest version, and I don’t stupid crashes (say, recursively calling
the sessionproc from a list within sessionproc). Just things like

·         Writing inline:

Try typing:

/*

Hoppa

*/.

Works! Automatically becomes

‘/*

‘Hoppa

‘*/.

Now commented out. However, type in an inline (not the user part)

‘/*

Hoppa

*/....CRASH!

·         Just dragging objects around, adding attributes, all sorts of
randomness. Sometimes, there are nice big red crosses where graphics usually
are.

The latter is the more annoying part. In general, when I’m developing
something, on both my laptop and home pc (both win7prox64), this happens. In
my experience, in fact, most people, even if they are very experienced, have
random stability issues with e-studio. My question then is: does the list
have similar issues? Say, if you’ve been doing some development, what is the
chance that e-prime will crash within 60 minutes? I’m estimating it at 80%
here.

Cheers,

Michiel

Michiel Sovijärvi-Spapé

Helsinki Institute for Information Technology

Aalto & Helsingin Yliopisto,

Finland