E-Prime Stability

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Oct 10 16:21:51 UTC 2013

Paul,

But of course, While Wend went out with the
Commodore-64 and has been deprecated for a couple
decades, and should never have appeared in
E-Basic at all (see my comments at
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/JXcYIfRPWVE
and www.pstnet.com/forum/Topic3215-9-1.aspx
).  What if you use the more modern Do Loop?  E.g.,

Dim n As Integer
Do While False
    n = 1
Loop

I don't have any sympathy for crashes that result from use of While Wend :).

Regards,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training