Generation of procedure based on standard deviation of the previous reaction times of trials.

Rodrigo Henríquez Chaparro zerorodrigoh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:35:44 UTC 2013

Hi E-prime staff!

I have a behavioral task that consists in a presentation of  a stream of
letters that appear in the center of the screen, where the  participants
should to respond pressing a button when the  "x" letter is present and
with other button  to any other letter.

However, I need to present  a "question trial"  when the SD of the previous
reaction times of trials is more a  2 SD, considering  the enough trials,
 to make the average.
So my question is, how to program these trials "question" based on the  SD
of the previous Reaction times of trials of participants?

 Looking forward to your precious comments and suggestions

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Rodrigo.