E-Prime Stability

Michiel Sovijarvi-Spape mspape at cognitology.eu
Thu Oct 10 20:13:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

Well, I know it is a billed as a final release, but until the documentation is done well, and in place, as was the case for e1.2, I think it cannot be considered such. Scattering the documentation around in the old helpfile, new features guide and several knowledge base articles does not lead to a solid workflow. We will hope for the long promised new user-guide + ebasic guide that is complete and coherent to come along with E-Prime 2 final final version 😊.

The top-of-procedure vs before-object-run, I found particularly annoying, actually. While I agree this is a good feature, it is similar to textdisplays and slides being set to 75% by default and prerelease == duration by default: good features but they will lead to interesting results if you are used to the old way. A bit like charms and the start menu of Windows 8: here’s the new way, we think it is better, cope.

I’m also hoping, by the way, that some of the promised features will be implemented soonish… Global variables (or something of the sort, I forgot the name), more extended use of task events, etc.

In other news, we completed our new E-Primer and it should be out soon! I put you in the acknowledgements as well, but I think this is the more appropriate venue, given I don’t know how many years.

Best,

Michiel

Sent from Windows Mail