Dual Task

francesco biondi francesco.biondi1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:58:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am designing an experiment using a dual task paradigm.
I have two stimuli: s1 and s2, and 2 responses: r1 and r2.

After the fixation point, s1 appers on the right side of the screen and,
after a given soa, s2 appears on the left side of the screen.
I need to record both the responses r1 and r2.

Since soas are very short (150 and 300ms), subjects won't be able to
produce r1 by the time s2 appears.
Nonetheless, I still need s1 to be visible to let subjects to produce r1.

My question is:
do you know how i can have (after the soa) both the stimuli on the screen
and record both r1 and r2?
Also, I would like to s1 and s2 to disappear when, respectively, r1 and r2
are produced.
After r2 is produced the next trial starts.

Thanks

Francesco