pedals

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Oct 29 20:04:06 UTC 2013

Just to clarify that last point, even patching a foot pedal directly
into the keyboard does not give you the best timing performance,
because keyboards generally provide only mediocre performance (but
see http://www.empirisoft.com/directinkb.aspx ).  If you want
millisecond-quality performance, you need to incorporate something
like an SRBox, or a high-speed I/O device (e.g., old-fashioned parallel port).

-- David McFarlane