Recording the response time for two correct answers in the same trial

Sheila Bouten sheila.bouten at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:42:39 UTC 2013

I have a related question: I have two participants in my experiment using
one keyboard to respond to a memory task. For example, if they are shown an
image they have seen before, the participant on the left would press "Q"
while the participant on the right would press "N". If they hadn't seen the
image before, the participant on the left would press "W" while the
participant on the right would press "M". My problem is that my code makes
it such that if one participant accidentally presses one key twice, their
response is recorded twice and the other participant's response is not
recorded. This data is thrown out. Is there some code to prevent this by
recording only one keystroke from each half of the keyboard?

Thanks for your help!