Manual randomization of stimuli

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Sep 12 20:57:07 UTC 2013

So, you want to run stimuli in a fixed externally-generated
order?  Do you want to use the same order for all runs, or
individualize the order for each run?

If the former, then you might first put your List into the desired
order, then run it in Offset order by Session (or Group), and use
Session (or Group) to give the starting point.  See
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/JtLh6DxqCbs for a bit more
discussion.  To get the the List into the desired order, I find Excel handy.

If the latter, then you might use the Explicit Order object, see that
topic in the E-Basic Help facility.  This takes a bit of inline code
and can be a bit tricky, so you might want to contact PST Web Support
for further details.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----