If four in a row right, then. Summation help!

Ashley Sanders afsander12 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 19:05:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am creating a math task where the subject starts at a certain number and
then subtracts 7 from each correct answer after that. If at any point in
the subtraction process the subject gives the wrong answer, they begin at
the original number and start all over again. I have got it to work where
it will reset itself to the original number if a wrong answer is given. The
practice round has four subtraction trials. However, this could easily
become 5, 6, 7, etc trials if the subject gets any answer wrong. Thus, I've
had to change the weight of the line to higher than four, or else after
four trials, it will continue to the actual task.

Here lies the problem: If I set the weight of the line to, say, 99 to
account for wrong answer resets, it will force the subject to go through 99
subtraction trials. What I need it to do is after 4 right answers IN A ROW,
continue to the task. If it's just an accuracy of four, it could be that
they had to go back to the beginning four times and only got the first
problem right each time. Thus, I need it to be four in a row to ensure that
all four practice problems were answered correctly in sequential order.

Does anyone have an idea of how to go about doing this? Your help would be
greatly appreciated!