Trouble after converting from 1.0 to 2.0

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 19:54:23 UTC 2013

The error occurs on a line that references S1, where it tries to set the
background color of text object 'Text6':

'Text6
Set S1_SlideText = CSlideText(S1.ActiveSlideState.Objects("Text6"))
S1_SlideText.BackColor = CColor(c.GetAttrib("color5")

The error message is rather cryptic, but attribute "color5" is probably not
defined in the current context. The List object contains "color?"
attributes, but they don't contain any value. This often means that the
attributes will be initialized using some inline script. However, if you
look at the inline scripts, you can see that only color0, color1 and color2
are properly initialized. So, it seems that the original code used more
color objects, but only 3 are used in this version (perhaps EP1 ignored
this specific error). I think that you can solve it simply by removing the
corresponding text objects from S1 (Text4, Text5, Text6)  The same holds
for S2.

Best,
Paul