Button releases & Reaction time

Clément Letesson clement.letesson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:43:30 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I designed an experiment where participants have to execute different
actions after watching a video. Participants have to keep their index
fingers pressing two specific buttons on a response box. I want to record
the reaction time from when the video stops to the button release but it
does not work.

I specified that "Button release" was the only response collection mode but
when trying to apply the configuration to the slide where participants have
to execute the actions, I get an error message: "value contains presses and
device is not accepting presses" and I do not really get why this is
happening ... It appears I can not make eprime record the RT's from the
button releases.

Any insights/advice/explanations ?

All the best and thanks in advance,

CL