My Experiences with Video in E-Prime - freezing and jumping issues

Katie Jankowski katie.jankowski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:44:39 UTC 2014

Hi Benny,
Thanks for your post. I have been having some video issues as well, which I
may have resolved finally, thanks to the great help of this google group
(thank you David Mcfarlane!) and the EPRIME support staff.

A few of your recommendations were counter to either what I was recommended
by the EPRIME support staff, or what I used on my own, so I thought I would
ask for more information to better understand what these settings do and
which might be best for my task.

1. Why do you suggest not using stretching? Originally, my videos only
displayed a small portion of the video itself (videos are of a person
standing but the video zoomed in to only display the person's nose).
Stretching helped resolve this problem so that the entire video was
displayed. Why do you recommend not using this option?

2. Why do you recommend deselecting the "stop after" command? The EPRIME
staff had suggested selecting "yes" and specifying to stop after "next
onset time". I would like to better understand when this is a good and when
this is a poor option.

3. Why do you recommend changing to mp1? I have never worked with video
files until now, so I am very ignorant. My first thought would be
bigger/more advanced is better (i.e., use mp4 files). What are the pros and
cons of using mp1 vs mp4 movie files with EPRIME?

Thanks for your help,
Katie